What an incredible week! With 18 mashup artists coming through Mixify to host events, mashup fans everywhere definitely got their fix. From live sets to track releases, every DJ involved left their mark on the genre.
The Mixify Team would like to thank all the mashup artists involved for making the week so special: DJ Stroke, Dotcom, Czar Nicholas III, TeeTs, Bearbot, Doug Bogan, Fat Superman, House Nerds, Drip Drop, Greg Golterman, Sweekuh, ABSRD, The Mu, DJ Mash Hawk, Bruneaux, Buck, and Top Flight.
We’d also like to thank all the fans for coming out to support the artists. We hope it was as memorable for all of you as it was for us.
Mixify is proud to present Electro House Week from July 8th through July 14th with a line-up of DJs that will have you raging all week.
Come hear exclusive mixes including the public debut of HOHME’s new “Falling Upward” release. Mixify allows the DJs to stream audio direct from their mixing software so you’ll be the first — and potentially only — people to hear the mix.
Event Schedule: (all times in EDT)
8pm - DJ C²
For press or event information, email email@example.com
Czar Nicholas III, aka Nick Stetz, began his DJ journey in 2009 while at Bucknell University - where he is currently studying Management and French. We caught up with him during Mashup Week this week to learn more about his story and the inspiration behind his mashups.
What makes a really good mashup?
When the songs that you use sound completely different once they are mashed together. Some people think ‘oh, they have a similar beat so it will mash well together’ but I disagree. Just because the tracks have some similarities does not make it a good mashup.
What is the hardest part about being a mashup artist?
There are so many other artists to compete with. The internet is flooded with people who try to make it big with one mashup instead of truly loving what they are mashing together. I am just trying to distinguish myself.
When playing a live set, how do you read the crowd?
Great question. I never go into a gig with a full set because you never know how the crowd is going to react. I think the most important thing about reading the crowd is timing. I wouldn’t want to drop something too crazy in the beginning of my set. I want to my audience to experience the build up throughout my set.
What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
My roots date back to British Pop. From the Beatles to Oasis, I just cannot get enough of what they have to offer. I also truly enjoy Run-DMC and the Beastie Boys.
Who are your biggest influences?
The most influential would have to be Girl Talk. I think that Gregg Michael Gillis is a genius and I wanted to emulate his ability to bring a new sound by mashing songs together. Super Mash Brothers and Milkman round out my top 3 Influences.
To learn more about Czar Nicholas III and listen to his tracks and mixes, you can check out his Mixify profile - http://www.mixify.com/czarnicholasiii/. And be on the lookout for a new album from him sometime this fall.
Mixify’s direct stream is a powerful tool that allows DJs to live broadcast worldwide from their hardware or software…but only if you know how to use it.
Use this step-by-step guide and testing module to make sure your skills are heard loud and clear during Mixify Events.Testing Module
Select your input and see if your input is coming through the volume meter. If its in the red, turn it down so that your audio doesn’t distort during the event.
If you can’t figure it out, read the step-by-step instructions below.Step-by-Step Instructions
—Option 1: External Devices, Mixers, & Serato
Broadcast any audio output by plugging it into your computer’s microphone input.
1) Run the output from the external device into your computer input
2) Select the line in option or microphone option when prompted before your event
—Option 2: Internal Software (Mac users only: Traktor, Ableton, Logic, Virtual DJ)
Broadcast straight from your mixing software.
1) Download and install Soundflower
- More Info: http://code.google.com/p/soundflower/
2) Select Soundflower as the output option in your software preferences
- If Soundflower doesn’t appear as an output option, try restarting your software.
3) Select Soundflower as the input option on Mixify when prompted before your event
- If Soundflower doesn’t appear as an input option, try refreshing the page.
*Note: Soundflower disables the headphone mix you would otherwise receive from your software. We are currently trying to find a workaround.
Mixify is proud to announce Mashup Week! Starting July 1st, you can attend events with the best mashup artists as they spin the best of the genre.
Line-Up (With more to come…)
DJ Stroke - Sunday 7/1 @10pm
Dotcom - Monday 7/2 @ 7pm
Czar Nicholas III - Monday 7/2 @ 8:30pm
Teets - Monday 7/2 @ 9:30pm
Bearbot - Monday 7/2 @10:30pm
Doug Bogan - Tuesday 7/3 @ 7pm
Fat Superman - Tuesday 7/3 @ 8pm
HOHME - Tuesday 7/3 @ 9pm
House Nerds - Tuesday 7/3 @ 10:30pm
Drip Drop - Wednesday 7/4 @ 7:30pm
Greg Golterman - Thursday 7/5 @ 7pm
D.veloped - Thursday 7/5 @ 8pm
Sweekuh - Thursday 7/5 @ 9pm
DJ abSRD - Thursday 7/5 @ 10pm
Bruneaux - Friday 7/6 @ 9pm
Buck - Friday 7/6 @ 10pm
Top Flight - Saturday 7/7 @7pm
*All event times are in EDT
For press or event information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We just released new and improved URLs across the site. They’re easier to remember and better for DJs. More importantly, every user can now reserve a custom profile URL.
New users will select their URL upon signup.
Existing users should go to their Account Settings page to update their URL. Until you do, your URL has been set to match your display name.
Another day, another great feature. The Mixify Event Manager is here to help you manage your parties, releases, weekly podcasts, and every other Mixify event you’re hosting.
With the event manager, you can now edit event info, change event time and date, invite friends, and cancel events (not that you should ever do that).
You can access your event manager from your account drop-down in the top right. Simply hover over your name and it’ll be there for you to enjoy.
Mixify’s virtual DJ events are the best way for DJs to release mixes and podcasts, sell tracks, and build their social fanbase.
How It Works
1) Go to Mixify’s Setup Event page, enter your event info, and select a venue.
2) Select a Mixing Option. There are 2 options:
› Upload Mix - You upload a pre-recorded mix (length up to you) that will play during the event. Mixes will publish to your profile following the event.
› Direct Stream - You will stream audio from your software or hardware live to the Mixify event. Learn how to setup Direct Stream here.
3) Click setup event.
4) Once your event is setup, you’ll land on your event profile which you can share so friends can RSVP and leave shoutouts. We also strongly encourage DJs to setup Facebook events to further promote the event.
5) A half hour before the event, ‘Join Now’ buttons will appear on the event profile as well as on the Mixify homepage listing for the event so you and your fans can enter.
6) Once you join, you’ll see a timer counts down until the event start time. In the meantime, you can choose your avatar in the sidebar. (If you’re doing a Direct Stream event, you’ll be prompted to test your audio input. Learn how to setup Direct Stream here. )
8) When the timer reaches 0:00, click the Start button that appears. The event will not actually begin until you click start.
9) The lights will dim, your mix will start or you’ll start broadcasting, and the curtain will pull away revealing you in our cutting-edge virtual venue.
10) Fans can follow you and click-through to your social profiles throughout the event - as long as your profile links are updated in your account settings!
11) Your mix ends (for direct input, you’ll see the option the option to end event), the curtain closes, and the crowd gets another chance to become your fan and share your mix.
And there you have the basics of how Mixify helps DJs release their mixes and build their fanbase with virtual events. We’ll keep you up to date as we continue to improve and add features.
Email us with questions, comments, or suggestions at email@example.com.
After weeks of hard work, we’re proud to present a new and improved Mixify!
- Site Design - From our navigation to our footer, we’ve improved every aspect of our site so that its not only easy on the eyes, but easier to use as well.
- DJ Portal - A one-stop shop for DJs to get all the information they need about Mixify and how it can help them spin tracks, gets fans, and get paid.
- Events - Any DJ can now setup an event on Mixify! Just go to mixify.com/events/create to get started. Details coming in another post soon.
To see all that and more, go to Mixify now!
Welcome to Mixify’s new venue - the beach of Ibiza! This slice of paradise will help you relax after even the toughest of days or flash back to the insanity that is Spring Break.
We’ve also added an incredible laser light show and light board to make sure your ears aren’t the only ones getting any action.
We’ve re-designed profiles to help you showcase (and sell) your tracks and grow your fanbase. Your Mixify profile is now complete with bio, social links, and tracks listings.
As for track and mix profiles, we’ve improved the layout and design, put in a new music player, and a side module so everyone can find more great tracks from the artist. Mix profiles also show the tracks that are within the mix.
In short, You and your music have never looked better. Update your account information so you can gain fans and sell tracks. Head over to Mixify now.
We’re proud to announce the launch of our commerce engine! Any artist can now opt to sell their tracks for the set price of $1.49 on Mixify.
For those who have already uploaded their tracks, you can opt-in for sales by going to the uploads page and editing your track settings.
As for Fans, they can add tracks to their cart for purchase from clubs, user profiles, and more.
Let the games begin! We just launched the official Mixify charts so that every DJ can see how they stack up against everyone else.
You can view top DJs with the most XP or Fans by day, week, or all-time.
Click here to see where you stand!
Mixify is live in private beta, marking the beginning of the never-ending online music festival where anyone can DJ live for their friends and more.
During private beta, only those with the magic invite codes can get access. Since you did your due diligence and searched the interwebs to find this post, we’re happy to present you with the original invite code.