The First Look of Mixify’s virtual DJ events
Another day, another great feature. The Mixify Event Manager is here to help you manage your parties, releases, weekly podcasts, and every other Mixify event you’re hosting.
With the event manager, you can now edit event info, change event time and date, invite friends, and cancel events (not that you should ever do that).
You can access your event manager from your account drop-down in the top right. Simply hover over your name and it’ll be there for you to enjoy.
Mixify’s virtual DJ events are the best way for DJs to release mixes and podcasts, sell tracks, and build their social fanbase.
How It Works
1) Go to Mixify’s Setup Event page, enter your event info, and select a venue.
2) Select a Mixing Option. There are 2 options:
› Upload Mix - You upload a pre-recorded mix (length up to you) that will play during the event. Mixes will publish to your profile following the event.
› Direct Stream - You will stream audio from your software or hardware live to the Mixify event. Learn how to setup Direct Stream here.
3) Click setup event.
4) Once your event is setup, you’ll land on your event profile which you can share so friends can RSVP and leave shoutouts. We also strongly encourage DJs to setup Facebook events to further promote the event.
5) A half hour before the event, ‘Join Now’ buttons will appear on the event profile as well as on the Mixify homepage listing for the event so you and your fans can enter.
6) Once you join, you’ll see a timer counts down until the event start time. In the meantime, you can choose your avatar in the sidebar. (If you’re doing a Direct Stream event, you’ll be prompted to test your audio input. Learn how to setup Direct Stream here. )
8) When the timer reaches 0:00, click the Start button that appears. The event will not actually begin until you click start.
9) The lights will dim, your mix will start or you’ll start broadcasting, and the curtain will pull away revealing you in our cutting-edge virtual venue.
10) Fans can follow you and click-through to your social profiles throughout the event - as long as your profile links are updated in your account settings!
11) Your mix ends (for direct input, you’ll see the option the option to end event), the curtain closes, and the crowd gets another chance to become your fan and share your mix.
And there you have the basics of how Mixify helps DJs release their mixes and build their fanbase with virtual events. We’ll keep you up to date as we continue to improve and add features.
Email us with questions, comments, or suggestions at email@example.com.
After weeks of hard work, we’re proud to present a new and improved Mixify!
To see all that and more, go to Mixify now!